Creating Your Online Store
It may sound simple to have your own online store, but it is actually fairly complex because you need to determine a bunch of things before you start:
- What "fields" do you want in your store- what do you want your customers to see and/or fill out: price, product, description are the most common ones, but do you need more?
- If you need more, such as different sizes, different products, different colours, etc, you need to plan all of that before you choose the best online store solution for your business and your budget.
- Wordpress is one of the most popular premade template solutions but again you have a lot to sort out before you even start - what template will work best for you, what are the exact details you need in your store, etc.
- Do you have the computer skills to deal with a premade template solution such as Wordpress or any of the other premade store technologies out there? Unless you do, they can be quite confusing!
- Premade solutions may sometimes be the cheapest, but most template solutions will be a lot more restrictive from a functionality point of view than custom-built ones.
- Then you need to decide which online merchant solution will best suit you - you need to set up Paypal, or Stripe, for example, and then tie it in properly with the rest of your "store" so that online payments will work - again this is not the simplest thing either!
Affordable Web Design Ltd and its various divisions, such as Affordable Airdrie Web, offer a custom solution that works well for even the beginner computer user. We based this design on the difficulties many people had with template-based solutions and created a very user and Search Engine friendly custom solution for our clients. And when it comes to online payment, we help you every step of the way - you set up your account, and we do the rest!
Once we discuss your requirements, we will be able to give you an estimate of cost, and you can decide from there as to what works best for you!